 Off-Topic / Debate / 15964
Re: On Hiatus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:19:22 GMT

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> writes:

(Dr. Scott) Arhur, I don't think anybody here is trying to prevent
you from stating your view.  My point was that your view was already
expressed at least twice already, by different views.  To me the
issue was largely dead, and you are just trying to stir up the pot
like you always do...  and Suzanne did agree with Bram, who had the
best way of saying that the users should return to building, and less
on politicing.

I'm sorry, but I cannot agree with you.  A lot of people had expressed
their opinions on this subject, you included.  When Scott Arthur did so,
this suddenly became wrong, and had to be pointed out?  I can't see any
logic in this, sorry.

It's not like Scott Arthur came along and posted a followup to a subject
which had been dead for weeks.

Also, I think that the only way to "stip up a pot" is to post followups
in a thread.  If you want a thread to go dead, I think it is generally
better to refrain from posting followups.

I think that this is the kind of "policing" which is bound to generate
more fuss.  Doing policing based on personal opinions like "person A
always generate a lot of noise, so he cannot post here", is definitively
the wrong way to go, in my point of view.  Proper policing should be
done on the basis of clear rules, like the ToS and news group charters
and so on.

Fredrik