 Off-Topic / Debate / 15814
  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) I am the first to admit that I have selectively chosen which stories from the Bible, and in certain cases which parts of which stories to illustrate on The Brick Testament. But I do not agree that my editing of passages from the Bible is (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) That's funny, that's what they did in the movie -- emphasized/distorted events from the book that amplified Harry's questionable moral character. The zoo scene is actually one example of this -- in the book, Harry just 'disappears' the glass (...) (23 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

snip (...) It's true that the Bible doesn't sugar-coat it's heroes. David, the man after God's own heart, is an adulterer and a murderer. God anoints Samson with incredible strength, even though he frequents prostitutes. God does destroy the entire (...) (23 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)