 Off-Topic / Debate / 15806
  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Ah. Okay. Well, I found it funny for a related reason--mostly that James had the translation slanted in a way to extol monarchy and, some suggest, Catholicism (James having been a closet Catholic as he was). That's ironic for a lot of the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) That was going to be my point as well. I would argue that every translation including the first one (ie, from the "mind of God" to the "hand of man") automatically (though not necessarily intentionally) reflects some of the biases of the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)