 Off-Topic / Debate / 15739
    Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism! —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) If our federal government does things that encourage terrorism (and I think it does) aren't we also supporting terrorism? I think that one of the things that we do to cause terrorism to flourish is implement policy that rewards violence. One (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism! —David Eaton
     (...) Indirectly, yes. Just like the whole vegetarian debate. I don't directly support animals being treated brutally, but I won't stop eating meat, either. (...) I guess it would depend on your reasoning for supporting the legalization, but I don't (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

         Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism! —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) I mean, I think we have sufficient wealth that with out too weighty a burden, we could leverage some of that wealth to turn impoverished nations into active customer nations that would eventually blossom into competitors. Not only, _could_ we, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism! —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) Legalization was not mentioned. The commercials were simply meant as a guilt-trip. Bruce (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism! —David Eaton
   (...) Now I think I've seen one of the ads in question. It had different teenage-looking kids switching in and out, each one saying a line, then switching: -"I helped kill a father" -"It was just a bit of fun" -"I let a terrorist get a passport" -"I (...) (23 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)