 Off-Topic / Debate / 15736
  Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism!

(...) Not really-- essentially you want a good mix of various products, not all of them physical. In order to graduate from being a 3rd world country, I expect they'd need other profitable areas... not just a single product like cocoa or cigars or (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism!

(...) But is it in the best interest of the world as a whole for them to graduate from being a third world country? Someone has to produce raw goods. And we don't have the global resources for everyone on the planet to sustain the standard of living (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism!

(...) Heh-- I brought that up in the other corner of the thread :) Threatening to the US? Potentially. Good(TM)? I dunno. Depends on who for, as usual :) (...) Sad but true. I'm not against them producing raw goods, but it seems that: 1. "3rd world" (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism!

(...) I disagree. Every nation produces raw goods at some level. I'm more worried about large corporations, such as Mansanto in Canada, monopolizing those raw materials/goods just because they've created and patented the means to produce artificial (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism!

(...) Disagree that the US "doesn't" produce raw goods? Or disagree that there isn't enough for the planet to share the US/Canada/Aus/Euro/etc standard of living? (...) Maggie's point being (I think) that the US doesn't produce enough to sustain (...) (23 years ago, 6-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)