 Off-Topic / Debate / 15655
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:59:12 GMT

How about when everyone carried onboard defense-ware that would automagically
compute threats and attacks and either alert you to them or respond with
massive lethal destructive force?  And what if that were backed up with
overhead satelites that could rain showers of high-energy mass with fair
precision?

  Why would it be preferable, in this hypothetical example, to be ruled by
machines than governed by humans?

     Dave!
(Only half kidding... After all, we cannot allow a mine shaft gap.)