 Off-Topic / Debate / 15653
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2002 12:46:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

Who would bully and coerce if everyone carried nuclear pistols?

Those who think they can draw faster?

I guess I was being too simplistic.

How about when everyone carried onboard defense-ware that would automagically
compute threats and attacks and either alert you to them or respond with
massive lethal destructive force?  And what if that were backed up with
overhead satelites that could rain showers of high-energy mass with fair
precision?

As far as I can tell, the cold war was wildly successful.  No one wanted to end
life on earth.

Chris