 Off-Topic / Debate / 15573
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 04:12:45 GMT

I am tired of the ignorance and hypocrisy of modern america.  I'd rather
live somewhere where everyone at least acknowledges the corruption of the
system rather than somehow try to justify every stupid thing the system
does.  The idea of the U.S. is a good one.  But it requires a tireless and
educated citizenry, which is no longer viable in an age of increasing
specialization in almost everything -- few could be expected to know
everything that would be expected of them.  I doubt the U.S. will last in
its intended, or current form, very much longer.

I know this because we are arguing about whether or not a FUNDAMENTAL right
even exists, or is in fact protected.  Imagine how many bigger issues fair
in our system...

Wouldn't it be nice if Americans woke up before they have to learn the hard
way.  Well Thomas Jefferson at least knew that we would one day reach the point
where the Declaration of Independance would need to be re-issued.  It is nice
to know that not everyone is living in an idealistic bubble.

Let's try and pop it again.
So long as Greed (i.e. the root of all evil) exists so will the necessity of
the right to bear arms.

-Mike Petrucelli