 Off-Topic / Debate / 15479
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2002 16:42:35 GMT

I would suggest bringing a gun into his own home is no solution.
Statistically, who is he most likely to shoot with the gun?

/objective mode on

Well ignoring the propaganda on both sides of the Gun Control issue, and using
indepentant statistics from Gallup Polls.

This is all applicable to the USA.
Roughly 10,000 crimes a year are committed with legally obtained guns. (It is
almost 10 times that for illegally obtained guns.) Roughly 2,000,000 crimes a
year are prevented by armed citizens.  Statistically the easier it is to
legally obtain a gun in an area the lower the crime rate.

/objective mode off

Gun Control has nothing to do with Guns and everything to do with Control.
A politicain can never take away the peoples rights, so long as the people have
the ability to shoot him for trying.

-Mike Petrucelli