 Off-Topic / Debate / 15465
Re: An armed society...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 22:18:08 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Michael Dallaston writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tore Eriksson writes:
... is a society with countless tragedies!

Sorry Heinlein, your sci-fi books were all fantastic, but your ideas suck.

Eh?  Where'd this come from?  Are you trying to manufacture a political debate?

Anyway, as a strictly amateur political scientist[1] I would never make such
a blatant generalization.  It depends on the culture, the state of mind of
the society in question.  Ever heard of Switzerland?

Michael Dallaston

[1] - For a democratic society to really work, *every* citizen should be an
amateur political scientist.

Yes, I've heard about Switzerland, I even passed though it once. Their
knifes and watches are famous and their bank system is a paradise for tax
refugees. Also Americans always confuse Sweden and Switzerland, so I sure
have about it. What about Switzerland?

The quota is a correction (IMHO) of Franklin W Cain's footer:
Franklin Cain (and please do *not* call me "Frank" ;-)
fwcain@yahoo.com | http://fcain.tripod.com/
Gun Control means HITTING YOUR TARGET!! (http://www.nra.org)
"An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein
Death to Spammers!! (http://www.cauce.org)

I haven't checked the source, but it seems to be accurate.
http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=174 (and many more hits on
Google search.)

/Tore