 Off-Topic / Debate / 15283
Re: Attributing quotes (was:"MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 10:01:13 GMT

Tom,

You should be a bit more careful with your quoting - most of this was
actually Allan's comments. Also, it makes things easier if you reply to the
actual post you're quoting most from.

Regards

ROSCO

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl writes:
Richie Dulin wrote:

Except that you're not a customer of S@H. And not a major customer of the
rest of LEGO either.

You're probably right.  I guess the 50 - 60,000 bricks (all bought in the
last 3 years) that represent my new collection (completely separate from my
childhood collection) really doesn't qualify as a "major customer".

Well, hate to burst your bubble, but 50-60K bricks in 3 years DOESN'T put you in the
"major customer" bracket.  That's a drop in the ocean.  Some people around here have
bought that many bricks (or more) in ONE DAY.  And even that won't begin to be
noticed by TLG, as they don't have a very direct connection with the customer
(unless you ONLY buy from S@H).

But
then I never pretended to be.  I am, however, a customer no matter how you
wish to define it.  I am not doing anything other than making serious
suggestions to the company about ways in which they can manufacture products
that I would enjoy buying.  If this doesn't make me a "major customer" then
so beit.  But I don't think it makes me a bad customer.

No, just being noisy to the point that they'll tune you out, no matter if some of
your suggestions are constructive or not.