 Off-Topic / Debate / 15275
15274  |  15276
Subject:
Good by Santa... Hello PC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 00:46:11 GMT

chech this out...

http://www.pioneerplanet.com/news/mtc_docs/211967.htm

Not sure it the link will work, if not, then type into your address field.
I tried to copy/paste but it seems Lugnet won't allow for this.  How do you
other folks do links if you can't copy/paste?

Anyway, I was of the opinion that Santa was pretty nutural.  He certainly
has nothing to do with Christianity.  He just happens to be a product of the
holiday season.

I find it interesting that the interviewee says they don't want to ignore
*anyone*... so their solution is to ignore *everyone*?...... HELLO?

I suppose they don't allow Easterbunnies, pumpkins, or turkeys either...
seeing as how pagan holidays and pilgrims *only* represent caucasion
nationalities.

So, we have had nursery rhymns rewritten to exclude violence...

Medical conditions such as: retard, idiot, dumb, and stupid replaced with
words that people haven't yet learned to use in a condescending manner...

The Ten Commandments and the Pledge of Alegience removed from public schools
rather than simply rewritten to exclude religion (The Ten Commandments have
a lot of basic wisdom that should be taught and the Pledge of Alegience is
good for inspiring patriotism)...

... and a host of other stupid things that only seem to feed political
agendas of special interest groups.  I really hope I'm not the only one here
who thinks that this trend does the country more ill than good...