 Off-Topic / Debate / 15274
Re: 3 Words For Christmas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 17:11:07 GMT

The UK chain Marks and Spencer is running a TV advertisement right now which
asks the viewer which three words sum up Christmas for them (the ad
concludes that the viewers’ three words should be "Marks and Spencer").

We had a bit of fun with this last night. Some suggests included:

killer visa bill
beer and food
TV and food
me me me
time to reflect
meet with family
big family arguments
etc

As it is less than a week to go until the big day, I thought I would ask
here what everyone’s 3 words would be?

If you have a fun point to make, reply to lugnet.off-topic.fun. It you have
a serious point direct it to lugnet.off-topic.debate.

Naturally, non-Christmas types are very welcome to offer non-Christmas • answers!

Scott A

more dessert, please
more eggnog, please
fortifying said eggnog
five pounds gained
prepare to diet!
prepare to shop!
after Christmas sales
visits to in-laws
off to Grandma's
continuing family rituals
waiting for Santa
finally relenting-- PS2
chocolate foil coins
not more underwear!
more LEGO-- yes!
reading Polar Express
Jolly Christmas Postman
packages from Maine
tangled Christmas lights

And three Christmas wishes:

freedom of speech
freedom from subjugation
freedom to associate with valued friends

Maggie C. (whose initials are also short for Merry Christmas!)