 Off-Topic / Debate / 15201
  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Of course. Sometimew it is *unavoidable* Please provide an acceptable solution to stopping the moral dilemma of the Nazi tyranny in WWII without violence. (...) Disagree. I think good and evil can be distinguished IRL. Sometimes it's harder (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) I suppose at John's response you would question what it means to "develop normally" and what it means to be a "mature healthy adult." I want to throw my name in with those who believe there is a difference between good and evil. I would (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Ah-- I agree in principle. That it IS sometimes unavoidable. But making it more commonplace gives it the appearance of not so much of an last-resort, and more of a general solution. (...) Disagree. :) See: evil [below] (...) Evil (ee-vil): 1) (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) From my particular standpoint, it would only be morally good when the person doing it honestly believed they were doing good. However, it doesn't mean that the person shouldn't be stopped-- nor that one would be morally wrong to try and stop (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Well, (and sorry for straying OT;-) bringing LEGO back into the discussion, fantasy play IMO is best when the stakes are high (saving the world or even better, the universe), from the evil Ogel [the *very* antithesis of LEGO and all that is (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) And here I thought it was cuz politicians were more evil than war! :) (...) I will agree that in a fantasy realm it's better than in a realistic-fantasy realm. IE a futuristic fantasy with violence is "better" than a modern fantasy with (...) (23 years ago, 20-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) it (...) That's because sex is neither good nor evil. (...) What you think of as normal and healthy is not. It is a stunted charicature of humanity. People seek out experiences when they are ready for them. This information isn't being forced (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) It can be. S & M, which combines sex and violence is evil; rape is evil. (...) What I am talking about is presenting adult material *before* a child is mature enough to handle it. In this example, a child wouldn't be seeking out this (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Excuse me? S&M is not "evil"- as long as the people taking part are consenting (over age of consent, whatever that is where the act takes place), it is no more "evil" than sex in the missonary position between a man and his lawfully married (...) (23 years ago, 22-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) Yeah, I second this. It's a little off topic -- but I recently heard/learned that kissing was made popular by the Romans. Now, I don't know if that is true, but it's interesting to think that something commonplace today -- even in public -- (...) (23 years ago, 23-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: The Lego Group will attempt to stop some "brickfilms"

(...) What a load of crap. If the S is happy, and the M is happy, who the HELL are you to call it evil? Self-righteous bigot. Hide behind your righteousness if you want, but it won't disguise that you're a bigot. (...) Rape is not sex. It's not (...) (22 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)