 Off-Topic / Debate / 15171
    Re: questions on current events —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) Do you mean that the _difference_ between the federal interest rate and the interest rate charged by the credit card companies is fixed, i.e. that the payment charged for the service remains the same? Or do you mean that the credit card (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: questions on current events —Kirby Warden
   (...) I've read about the shear basics on this subject so what I say about it is certainly arguable, however, maybe I can better clarify what I think I know. A bank can borrow from the federal reserve. There is interest tacked on to what the bank (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: questions on current events —Fredrik Glöckner
   (...) This is probably true. But in a market in which the competition works well, I would say that that the federal interest rate _should_ affect the rate offered to the customers. In Norway, there are always some banks which lower their interest (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)