 Off-Topic / Debate / 1497
    Re: What happened? —Mike Stanley
   (...) Hrmmm. "if the Government doesn't spend some money to make sure that people get the opportunity..." Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Pursuit. Think about what that means. It doesn't mean that you receive a gift or some other (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: What happened? —Simon Robinson
   (...) I don't doubt that. I'd say the same is true in the UK. What I disagree with is your implicit assumption that just because you managed to get qualified etc. and you saw a few other people doing it, that must mean EVERYONE can, even without (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)