 Off-Topic / Debate / 14683
Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:15:12 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
James Simpson wrote:
I'd like to give some thoughts on your last statement, but I really need to
get back to something here at work.  I'll just offer that impersonal laws of
nature, if they are the only plane of reality that truly exists, will never
answer to, amend, or soothe human suffering.

But why do you feel the need to have a crutch?

Why do you feel the need for Lego? Isn't it pleasant? Don't you want it? Some
people want a crutch. Is that incorrect? What good is morality, then? Is it not
only your desire to be seen by yourself and others as "good"? Does it matter in
the grand scheme of things?

Personally, it's only incorrect when it doesn't allow further pleasantnesses,
such as understanding, scientific progress, societal well being, survival, etc.

DaveE