 Off-Topic / Debate / 14643
Re: The Nam-shub of Enki (was Re: One of my issues with the god of the old testament)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:32:32 GMT

Dave!

Did you even read my post?

Post?  What post?

  Actually, I was responding not to your post directly but to a point that
resonated from what you wrote.  To that end, I should have been more
specific in identifying that your point was not really what I was
addressing, and I probably should have even trimmed your name from it.
  Many Christians with whom I've discussed this matter usually fall back on
either "God has His reasons" or "It's for your own good, like it or not,"
and your suggestion re: oncoming train put me in mind of those other
arguments.  I know you're not a Christian, so I don't require you to defend
that faith, but the point you raised even in passing is the same as that
often raised by Christians.
  I don't have much to contribute on the issue of the Nam-Shub, alas.

More important, did you receive my last email about your MOC?  I have a
sense that Excite Mail isn't as reliable a provider as I might like...

     Dave!