 Off-Topic / Debate / 14587
Re: Amtrak Told to Plan Liquidation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 20:29:40 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kevin Salm writes:
Associated Press Top Story November 9, 2001

Amtrak Told to Plan Liquidation

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011109/us/amtrak_future.html

However, not to worry about this.  See Potomac Pundit (which you can read at
the www.trains.com site)... this is just maneuvering. Never fear. Congress
will not kill Amtrak, it's pork.

Just as our government would not allow the demise of Ansett airlines -
especially just before a federal election! Be interesting to see what our PM
does now he's been re-elected...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/2001/11/10/FFXCCORTSTC.html

ROSCO