 Off-Topic / Debate / 1443
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 02:46:59 GMT

Christopher L. Weeks <c576653@cclabs.missouri.edu> wrote:
Thomas Main wrote:

"Christopher L. Weeks" wrote:

<snipped a lot of incendiary rhetoric>

I feel as though the climate in this newsgroup had grown very hostile.
So much so, that I am going to unsubscribe from it because I choose not
expose myself what I feel is hate-motivated speech.

I addressed this more fully in another note, but it was never my intent
to come off as hostile.  I'm Sorry that Thomas and others feel that way.
How would you like me to tone my arguments, or are just some topics too
much for some of you?

The only openly hostile comments I've seen so far were directed at you
by Ed, and it seems he's claiming those were examples of flippancy,
not hostility.

Some topics are hot, some people get hot while debating them.  I'd
like to think I haven't been hostile, although I have been called (and
rightly so) a potty-mouth, something I'm working to correct.

--
The parts you want without a bunch of crap?
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)