 Off-Topic / Debate / 14413
Re: Is Larry a Creationist? 8^) Re: Future of Humanity (was: lotsa stuff)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:44:13 GMT

Evolution, as we all know, takes place in geologic time;

Macroevolution, yes. Microevolution, no. (which is why switching away from
Ciprox is a good idea, hold it in reserve if we can)

  Ciprox in particular, but antibiotics in general are overused.  But my
understanding is that "macroevolution" is a straw-man term coined, or at
least embraced, by Creationists.  All evolution is microevolution except on
the geologic scale, and even then the distinctions are still fairly arbitrary.

Ack. I mean the surfacing of traits already in the population (and not newly
mutation generated) when I said micro... and the longterm
generation/selection of new traits (and speciation) when I said macro. Sorry
if that was imprecise. I ain't a biologist. (But I have watched LFB play one
on TV)

Totally agree that antibiotics are overused.

And here's a plea. Whenever you are prescribed any... TAKE THE WHOLE COURSE.
Do NOT quit early because you got better. And tell all your friends the same
thing. The future of the human race depends on it. :-)