 Off-Topic / Debate / 14276
Re: Larry's behaviour
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 18:49:21 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Low writes:
Ban one of us. Do the poll I suggested.

As I'm sure you'd expect, I don't think the poll would be done as proposed.
I think it's an all-or-nothing type deal. I think given the choices, I'd
rank them as:

1. Ban neither of you
2. Ban both of you
3. Ban Scott
4. Ban Larry

How about 1a. Ban both of them from replying to each other (at least as a
trial measure)? Or, at least, a moratorium on the codependent "he's a liar,
he's a squirmer" drivel...

That's certainly the option I'd choose, though from a technical standpoint
the most difficult to enforce. Plus the fact that I would tack on the
addendum "ban each one from talking about the other"; as I've seen both
mention the other in replies to people uninvolved in the conflict.

That's what I've been arguing for from the start-- don't ban either of them,
just have them ignore each other. (unless of course they're willing to make
a reasonable response to a reasonable query/opinion/debate.)

Like I said yesterday, I did try that last week:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14214

Scott A