 Off-Topic / Debate / 14214
Re: Rules
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 23 Oct 2001 18:32:14 GMT

Any suggestions?

Yes.

Why don't you and Larry both agree to not post to this newsgroup for at
least two weeks?  Further, perhaps you could both agree to post only the
most agreeable posts elsewhere, and not to respond to each other's posts for
at least two weeks also.

Whaddaya say?

I actually tried this last week. I stayed away from Larry as much as I
could. He was busy with the Dan and Larry show at the time. Once Dan got
tired of him, Larry turned on me like a drunk looking for a fight. That is
my view.

See:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14080
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14086

Neither of those sub-threads had much do with Larry, but he used it as an
excuse to attack me in a exhibition of his penchant for offensive messages.

BTW, as to rules all I can say is that we don't need rules if everyone can
agree up front to comport themselves like some reasonable facsimile of a
gentleperson.  And I further observe that it would seem likely that even if
we had such rules for off-topic.debate that either you or Larry would be the
most likely persons to violate those rules -- and I make this observation
based upon the fact that neither of you appear to be able to exert any
self-control in this forum.

If everyone accepts the same fair set of rules, I shall play by them.

Scott A

Recipe for good debates in the future (Attn: Larry P.  and Scott A.):
Pour a raw egg on your head.  Have a good laugh about it.  Go away for two
weeks.  And then come back the better for it in a fortnight.

If you get more creative, the egg can be used to hold your hair in some
pretty interesting configurations (i.e. Mohawk, bouffant, Elvis-curl, etc.)

-- Hop-Frog