 Off-Topic / Debate / 14086
14085  |  14087
Subject:
Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment (was a slur of a subject line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:14:51 GMT

C) It appears that many more Brits die of sickness.  Why?  Is the UK just a
wildly more contaminated place (could be, given history and density -- I just
don't know)?

Well it could just be those pesky UN statistics... but I just went to the
Red Cross site to check on blood donation criteria and they don't want your
blood if you have spent more than 3 months total in the UK or Ireland since
1980 (or 6 months in the Rest of Europe), presumably due to CJD since it's
right after the other CJD high risk things.

I have 2.5 months of UK and one month of Rest of Euro on my odometer. Math
problem, does that make me ineligible or not? I honestly wasn't sure.

I know it couldn't be a faulty health care system...I read
somewhere recently that the healthcare system in the UK was really good!

I was very careful not to get sick while I was there. Well sort of. I didn't
have any unprotected sex anyway.