 Off-Topic / Debate / 13853
    We are letting the terrorists win —Lawrence Wilkes
   This weeks headlines Cancelled events Cancelled sporting events Sportspeople reluctant to travel People reluctant to attend events Insurers refusing to cover the Soccer World Cup Insurance rates soaring People reluctant to travel Consumers not (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: We are letting the terrorists win —James Simpson
   (...) I will be getting on planes this Autumn - several of them. But I admit to being a little bit nervous flying out of Baltimore. james (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: We are letting the terrorists win —Ross Crawford
   (...) being (...) Interesting a lot of people are nervous (understandably) about flying in planes, but no-ones mentioned other mass-transit (buses, trains) which could be used with fair efficiency (even if maybe not quite so spectacular) for similar (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: We are letting the terrorists win —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Probably should be. See this article which makes the point that if anything, trains/buses are MORE vulnerable since you don't just have terminals and key points to protect, you have miles and miles and miles of track (or road) and there is a (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: We are letting the terrorists win —Christopher Tracey
   (...) My wife dropped some folks off at an AMtrak station yesterday and noticed that Amtrak is requiring photo id to board a train now. AFAIK, you only needed it if you were picking up tickets that you ordered online or over the phone. -chris (23 years ago, 14-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)