 Off-Topic / Debate / 13813
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:51:11 GMT

I'm suspecting not, since I don't know of any jurisdiction (similar enough
to make meaningful comparisions, Botswana (if they didn't require them)
doesn't count) that doesn't require licenses.

Note that we're talking about drivers licenses here. I have seen LOTS of
studies (and you could go dig them up if you wanted to, try starting at
cato.org) about other sorts of licenses... all different kinds of licenses,
showing inefficacy, and those results leads me to empirically believe that
it's a general principle.

You also can reason that it's a general principle too if you were so
inclined. See Friedman, as usual.