 Off-Topic / Debate / 13812
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 00:48:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Horst Lehner writes:

And I do believe
that driver's licenses, while they certainly cannot eliminate the risk,
still do a good job of lowering it.

And I have presented a counter example that shows it does no such thing, at
least in some cases.

But not in others?

Well I COULD assert in all cases but it's not very provable, is it?

Surely the relative percentages of each would give an
indication of whether the overall risk is lowered by licences or not? Have
there been any studies about this?

I'm suspecting not, since I don't know of any jurisdiction (similar enough
to make meaningful comparisions, Botswana (if they didn't require them)
doesn't count) that doesn't require licenses.