 Off-Topic / Debate / 1378
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 16:34:05 GMT

[...] *Anything* can be shown to be required for
survival if you work at the analysis. Why exempt food? Who are you to
say that food is more important than (and we should encourage its
consumption in preference to) any other good?  [...]

Food (store-bought) is less important than Internet access.  :-)

Heck, I can stick some seeds in the ground and grow my own food for free
out in the garden if I want, but I sure can't stick a wire in the ground
and grow Internet access for free.  Tax food before taxing Internet access,
I say.  :-)

--Todd