 Off-Topic / Debate / 13779
Re: ScottFroth(tm) answered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:01:24 GMT

I like this. I may get a t-shirt made. :)

Scott

Debating skill: 4
Cluelessness: 3
Stubbornness: 9
Openness: 4
Humility: 5
Annoying: 8

Notes:
Scott's generally got some work to do on debating form. This is quite
possibly his largest issue. He seems to take o-t-debate as a very fast-paced
forum, paying little time towards each reply. Replies are often quickly put
out, with little organization or thought involved.

I live in a tiny little country called Scotland. The time differnce between
my lovely little land and you great hulk mass (I'm talking about the USA,
not you :) ) means that most of the posting goes on when I'm sound asleep or
spending time with my familiy. This means that I tend to reply in bursts.

Scott A

They do not seem to
follow the general debating format wherein one would state one's
assumptions, the problems with the proposed theory, then propose a new
theory, admitting any weaknesses it had.

But don't assume too quickly. Scott often has a point, even though it's not
stated well. It's merely that he doesn't put the time/effort into voicing
it. When forced (upon occasion), Scott has proven that he is fully capable
of being less clueless, more open, and more insightful.

He also suffers from stubbornness. He doesn't let an issue drop very easily,
and often prods and prods and prods until a response is given. Further, when
cornered, he doesn't like admitting his faults. The one upshot to Scott over
Larry is that Scott is typically less assuming of his own position being
"right". You'll seldom hear Scott defending his own stance, and more often
hear him attacking others'.