 Off-Topic / Debate / 13774
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:16:55 GMT

Hello Larry,

I believe you are caught in a contradiction, you have conceded that the
licensing act does nothing to improve safety and that it is a personal
responsibility issue and that licenses therefore are useless yet you still
cling to the state and its false protective cloak.

No, you're trying to construct the contradiction, by requiring that the
result of a regulation must be perfect.

Requiring a license does improve safety (though not perfectly). True, it
just sets a minimum standard [1]. This is at least sensible, because some
people don't exercise personal responsibility in the way they should.

Greetings

Horst

[1] maybe too minimum, but you can't argue against that, when you also say
that getting the license easily is required by your understanding of freedom