 Off-Topic / Debate / 13690
Re: More on Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 20:43:42 GMT

Ross Crawford wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
I think the bigger question is what is YOURS?

I believe most people in here can see the difference between the WTC attack and a
nation trying to end a protracted war (with an enemy that had proved time and time
again that it would suicide, use geurilla tactics, and dig in until wiped out at
enormous cost of lives on both sides) as quickly as possible while minimizing the
lives lost.

You're probably right, Tom, and I can see the difference, too. I simply
asked what your definition of terrorism is?

That's a good question.  I don't know if I'd pin it down to a hard definition applied
universally.  It almost needs a case-by-case analysis.

But I certainly don't see Hiroshima/Nagasaki as acts of terrorism, and DO see WTC as
acts of terrorism.