 Off-Topic / Debate / 13635
    Re: Looks like the attacks on Kabul have started —Scott Arthur
    (...) I thought this was good too. But then I read this last night: (URL) Day, chief executive of Care International, said yesterday: "Air drops make great TV but they often represent a failure to respond to a food crisis." Barbara Stocking, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Looks like the attacks on Kabul have started —Frank Filz
   (...) Ask a few Berliners about the effectiveness of aerial delivery of relief supplies... If you read anything at all about the air drops, you would find two things: 1. They are not expected to be the sole delivery mechanism 2. They are targetted (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Looks like the attacks on Kabul have started —Scott Arthur
   (...) Are you saying we should listen to Berliners rather than the aid agencies? (...) The aid is dropped from "high altitude", we'll be lucky if we hit the correct mountain. Before 11th, 5000 tonnes of aid was getting to the Afghans per day. 5000 (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)