 Off-Topic / Debate / 13617
Re: More on Palestine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 04:08:52 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Ross Crawford writes:

The same old "it was war" excuse. Winning the war wasn't terrorism, dropping
the bombs was.

Really ROSCO, I should know better. You're just trying to spin me up as a
diversionary tactic because, well, I don't know why you are doing it, except
perhaps to divert attention from the thread topic?

This exact debate has been held here before, nothing has changed my view. We
were at war with a fanatical, evil empire, and we needed to win. Using those
weapons to win a war we did not start was appropriate. Both times. Winning
wars is not accomplished by taking unnecessary casualties (which we would
have, had we not used the best weapons we had available in the most
effective way possible, AT EVERY POINT THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE WAR), it is won
as Patton said "by making the other guy die for HIS country".

I'm not going to debate that point further here and now. You can have the
last word but I'll say in advance, if you pursue this thread of reasoning,
you're wrong. Not just factually, but morally wrong... as an apologist and
appeaser of the same ilk as Susan Sontag.