 Off-Topic / Debate / 13595
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:42:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tom Stangl writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

No regulation ever solves any problem 100% completely. But don't you think
there would be a lot MORE unsafe drivers on the road WITHOUT the requirement
for a license?

If that was the only change, yes. But I'm not advocating that one change
alone, so no.

Please state all the changes that WOULD make it safer.

Maybe some other time, this is a bit of a sidetrack.

In many cases, I will agree with you

Great, let's work to remove regulation where we both agree...

, but not in the case of DLs/auto insurance

and when that deregulation happens, and people get used to the idea that
regulations DON'T keep them safer than the market, maybe people will see the
validity of this too. But if not, well at least we moved in the right
direction which is better than moving in the MORE regulation direction that
so many favor.

I can be idealistic and practical at the same time.