 Off-Topic / Debate / 13479
Re: Gotta love Oracle...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 22:33:17 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Horst Lehner writes:
... for offering some hot air?

Imagine, we would have been be able to identify airline passengers with 100%
accuracy even before 911. How would that have helped to prevent anything of
what happened?

Wouldn't. I used to like Larry quite a bit better 6 weeks ago than i do now.
Unless he's convinced it's inevitable even if he doesn't believe in it, and
his "free" software is a trojan horse to sell other software and services,
in which case it's not THAT bad, although it still shows lack of integrity.

That said, I don't feel like a photo and a fingerprint in my ID card by
itself affects any of my civil rights ...

Agreed. But we have more rights than you do and it affects ours.