 Off-Topic / Debate / 13454
Re: War
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 15:41:34 GMT

Oh, and further, in the general case, it is the parent that is at fault when
the parent does not adequately provide for the minor child. Not external
factors or causes that the parent could have avoided by acting honestly. FB
sr is at fault for the privations of his child and is an unfit parent (and
his child arguably ought to be up for adoption if the privation is too bad,
as it is not JUST that the child suffer for the fault of the father).

Similarly, it is the government at fault if the government does not enable
individuals to seek and obtain an honest living.  Not external factors or
causes that the government could have avoided by acting honestly (for
example not attacking defenseless neighbors or violently suppressing
internal dissent). The Iraqi government is at fault for the privations of
its people and is an unfit government (and the people arguably ought to be
seeking a new government, with or without external aid, as it is not JUST
that the people suffer for the fault of the government).