 Off-Topic / Debate / 13361
  Historical Significance of Iraq

Just a few positive facts to ponder: + Human civilization began over 5,000 years ago in what is now Southern Iraq. + Iraq, in ancient times known as Mesopotamia, is located between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers - the cradle of human civilization. (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Historical Significance of Iraq

(...) <snip> Excellent list. It is a real tragedy that this country is currently run by a thuggish gang (which we had too large a hand in putting in place for my taste, and which we could have removed in 1991 were it not for those advocating that we (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)