 Off-Topic / Debate / 1336
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 16:18:25 GMT

[...]
He wandered off into the desert and died.  Coyotes and stuff ate
him.  He died with tons and tons of dignity.  I hope (if I can't get
immortality or a good freezer bin) that I have the balls and brains to
do something like that.

Agreed.  Unfortunately, with progressively debilitating diseases, the
brain is often the first thing to go, and can be gone before you know
what's happened or have a chance to do anything about it.  (I think
the balls are mostly unaffected. :) )

It's a terrible problem.  You could have a will, I suppose, that said
something like "if I become unable to take care of myself and need a
nursing home, then take me out to my favorite spot in the woods, and
let me die in peace."    I don't know.

John C