 Off-Topic / Debate / 1330
Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 19:46:52 GMT

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote:
Have you ever lost a high-paying job and had to get a minimum-wage one?  If so,
did you ever get sick during this time?

Lost a high-paying job and had to take a much lower paying job, yes.
Shit happens.  I made the best of the situation and moved on.
Everyone else can too.

Or do people have the "right" to high paying jobs as well?  I know
union supporters would say yes, but in the real world, no.

No, of course not.  But you should not be dismissed as being lazy, nor should
you be turned away from neccessary medical attention.

Saying "he lost his job and the only jobs available were minimum wage
jobs so he couldn't make enough money to pay his bills" means he's
lazy.  Or have you never known someone who worked two, three, or more
jobs to meet their obligations?

--
The pieces you want and nothing else - easy online bidding!
Lego Shop at Home: 800-835-4386 (USA) / 800-267-5346 (Canada)