 Off-Topic / Debate / 13198
13197  |  13199
Subject:
What we can do...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:11:31 GMT

This editorial:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19887-2001Sep24.html

raises the point that it is not just the president that ought to be
exhorting Americans to be tolerant, it's all of us.

But what can we do. We can call for tolerance on discussion forums. We can
tell our Muslim friends we like them as much as we ever did. But the
intolerant bigots don't always read LUGNET or go to the same schools we do.

I am interested in hearing from other people about what can be done. Any
ideas about specific concrete steps?