 Off-Topic / Debate / 13171
Re: Eat this!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 17:51:44 GMT

"Jeff Stembel" <jeff.stembel@noaa.gov> wrote in message news:GK5zvA.FJ9@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Rene Virsik writes:
In lugnet.general, Troy Cefaratti writes:
You know Rick, it's stuff like this that gives the rest of the world a bad
impression of Americans.  Perhaps if people from other countries didn't
believe that we all think as you do, we wouldn't have incidents  like this
occuring.

Sorry but all those american action movies in last 30 years... So many
katastrophic movies... A don't know why are amricans now so suprised when so
any katastrophe happened in real life in NYC. It's sad what happened but I
guess that it was some kind of "self goal". Was it not american movies which
shown the world all this tragedys ???

Huh?  Those are just movies, not real life, so why would we expect it to
happen?  Are you suggesting that people in other countries get ideas to blow up
American buildings from watching them?

I suppose by that thinking, everyone's life should be like a
romantic-action-adventure-porno-teen horror flick, huh?  ;)

Well there seems no end of do gooders who want to blame most other things they dont agree with like drugs, violence,
sex, etc,  on the influence of Hollywood. So why not blame it for influencing terrorists too? I am sure things like the
Die Hard series for example would give them lots of ideas.

regards
lawrence