 Off-Topic / Debate / 13012
  "The Roots of Muslim Rage"

Another cite. I got this one from Slate -- it's an article by Bernard Lewis that was published in the Atlantic Monthly a while ago. (URL) the whole thing, but I'd like to quote from the last two paragraphs: "THE movement nowadays called (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "The Roots of Muslim Rage"

(...) He's half right. This *is* an internal Muslim issue, but the (technically non Muslim, by many interpretations of the Koran) radicals have forfeited the right for it to remain solely internal. They are going to get some outside interference (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: "The Roots of Muslim Rage"

Hello, (...) Sounds a lot different from what seems to be preparing now. I am not sure whether I agree completely, though. It may be wise to help moderate Moslems, rather than just sit back and wait for them to sort it out. But, as I said, no (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)