 Off-Topic / Debate / 13011
  Re: Big bad greedy US capitalists exploiting the world

(...) Congratulations people! I donated to Red Cross, which doesn't look like it's part of this organisation, but the more the better! However I think it's a bit of a leap to imply this proves Big bad greedy US capitalists are *not* exploiting the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Big bad greedy US capitalists exploiting the world

(...) How did you do that? Directly? Too bad. You *missed* the point. The point is that you cost the Red Cross more (as a percentage of your donation) if you donate directly than if you donate via Yahoo or Amazon or MSN... every donation takes some (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Big bad greedy US capitalists exploiting the world

(...) I think of it as costing *me* more - the Red Cross are happy for any amount. But you're right - it essentially means I deprived them of a small donation from yahoo (or whoever carries the cost of collecting the donations). ROSCO (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Big bad greedy US capitalists exploiting the world

(...) Well no, actually, they are in fact *not* happy for "any amount". If you physically mail them a penny, you're costing them *more* to process it than it's worth to them. Not costing you more, costing *them* more. Taking this example further, If (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)