 Off-Topic / Debate / 12988
Re: Tale of bravery from fourth plane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 19:24:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lawrence Wilkes writes:

Rumours still persist that the fourth plane might have been shot down
This from todays Independent, a quality UK broadsheet.
http://news.independent.co.uk/world/americas/story.jsp?story=95051

According to the report, the US government admitted they had ordered fighters to shoot down the hijacked plans and were
just 8 minutes from shooting down the 2nd plane to hit the WTC.
Given that the 4th plane crashed over 1 hour later, they clearly had plenty >of time to intercept it if they wished.

Hm... to a certain extent, this is interesting, but academic... A link not
too far away from ones posted here(1), analysing Bush compared to Churchill
talked about Churchills brutal honesty, but then discussed how Churchill did
not feel the British were ready for the news of the sunken ship in June 1940
that lost 5000 lives (memory hazy here). Perhaps this plane WAS shot down
and it's being kept quiet.

But I say "so what?"

Ed Jones asked me if I would give a blank check to any actions by the
Prez... I said I would not, but in this case, given the breakneck speed that
things happened and the difficulty in gathering information, making
decisions, etc. I am NOT going to second guess this. If they shot it down
because they thought they had to, so be it. I will come down hard on anyone
that points fingers about it.

Note carefully, LW that I am not saying that you are. In fact I appreciate
your posting the link. I'm just saying I am not sure that any profitable ore
lies in that particular mineshaft, should we choose to start digging there.

1 - but one which I don't recall, my travels have taken me () so many places
on the net in the last week in search of answers... or even better
questions. Maybe it was Salon?

2 - and I suspect many others as well have been traveling similarly. We
*all* are searching how to make sense of it. And let me say that in this
time I especially appreciate, more than usual, people who post links or give
snippets of things that maybe shed different light on things than
"conventional thinking" even if I don't agree with them. Wide input is
needed. I am heartened by polls showing that people in the US and
everywhere, for the most part, *are* in fact thinking deeply about this and
about what to do and don't support blind revenge.

++Lar