 Off-Topic / Debate / 12985
Re: Infinite Justice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 13:43:14 GMT

Infinite Justice.

Has anyone noticed the peculiar nature of those words?

  I suppose "Operation Give Peace A Chance" would be more to your liking?
Of course the designation is hyperbolic, and of course it's over-the-top,
and of course it's propaganda-ish.  That's the whole point of giving the
operation a designation.

**snip of a literary citation**

Infinite Justice, indeed!  I'm sorry, but I am literally Rolling On The
Laughing Out Loud.

  Does anyone else take issue with the indiscriminate use of "literally"
that is rampant in the public media lately?

     Dave!