 Off-Topic / Debate / 12801
12800  |  12802
Subject:
"Kill 'em all"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 13:01:13 GMT

Hi all,

I have appreciated the conversation here.  There has been talk, which to me as
seemed remote, about Americans who are reacting with vehement anger.  At work
this morning, several coworkers and I were discussing possible productive

At this point, another coworker came over and started yelling at us that the
only way to solve this is to fully invade Afghanistan and kill every living
thing.  He wants us to show so much brutality that no one will ever hurt us
again.  He also didn't have a very nice opinion about how Arab-Americans should
be treated right now.

This experience really brought home how reactionary and frightening some people
can be.  Apparently these folks are not as 'few and far between' as I had
thought.  I hope we are guided by reason in the coming months.

Chris