 Off-Topic / Debate / 12736
    Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer —Thomas (T. J.) Avery
   (...) It is amazing that the towers didn't collapse right away, and things could have certainly been much worse. As an engineer, I'll be interested in future reports that will discuss modes of failure. Typically, building design adheres strictly to (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I acknowledge this is a morbid line to go down, but.. I'm fairly sure that if the planes had had dry tanks instead of full transcontinental loads of Jet-A, the towers would still be standing... the impacts didn't do enough damage to cause the (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: My Prayer on this National Day of Prayer —Lindsay Frederick Braun
   (...) That was the goal of the 1993 bombers, who hadn't thought things through nearly so completely. (...) I can't recall if it's cnn.com or cbs.com, but they interviewed five or six members of the design team who are still alive (the prime (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)