 Off-Topic / Debate / 12644
  Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy

(...) Let's see...1993-attempted bombing of WTC. Our Response: give peace a chance. 1999-twin bombing of US Embassys in Africs Our response: give peace a chance. 2000-The wanton destruction of the USS Cole Our Response: give peace a chance. (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Peace! (was Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

Dave: I think some of you may be confusing "give peace a chance" with doing absolutely nothing and taking it on the chin. I am not advocating that at all. I absolutely think it's time we take a long hard look at the air transportation industry and (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Peace! (was Re: Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

(...) Good. We've done enough of that already, and frankly I'm tired of it. (...) Agreed. Security is a large issue here. My brother-in-law work for Delta Airlines and I could tell you some amazing stries about lax security, but I don't see any (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)