 Off-Topic / Debate / 12472
Re: U.S. / U.K. vs. Germany (a new low in text interpretation by a LUGNET reader)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 17:37:03 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Greg Perry writes:

This person regurgitated to me two disparate sentences I have written in the
last couple of days:

"I am fairly familiar with the role Britain played in defeating Germany
during WWII"

"I agree about the two countries being a good team."

From these two sentences this person drew the following conclusion:

"are you going to say the u.s. and the u.k. would be a great team in the
future to defat germany? you make it soundlike it." (SIC all over the place)

Why not just say yes?  Of course the US and the UK would make a great team for
kicking Germany's ass all over Europe if they were to allow some backward
racist tyrant to take the helm of their nation.  Just like the US and Germany
would be a great team if the UK...and the UK and Germany...if the US...

So what?

Chris