 Off-Topic / Debate / 12470
12469  |  12471
Subject:
U.S. / U.K. vs. Germany (a new low in text interpretation by a LUGNET reader)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2001 15:07:19 GMT

I know that proper netiquette dictates that I not publicly publish a private
e-mail communication but since the following was sent to me anonymously by
someone who didn't even have the courage to provide their name and doesn't
appear to be a registered user (based on a search of the e-mail address) I
feel justified in sharing it because I think it demonstrates exactly how
idiotic the level of thinking skills are of SOME of the people reading these
posts.

This person regurgitated to me two disparate sentences I have written in the
last couple of days:

"I am fairly familiar with the role Britain played in defeating Germany
during WWII"

"I agree about the two countries being a good team."

From these two sentences this person drew the following conclusion:

"are you going to say the u.s. and the u.k. would be a great team in the
future to defat germany? you make it soundlike it." (SIC all over the place)

This was the complete text of the message. As mentioned there was no name
attached to this message or any reasoning behind this question and
statement. I'm not even going to bother to ask anyone to try and explain how
someone could reach this conclusion based on these two sentences because
there is no explanation that I would find acceptable except for sheer
stupidity.  Well I might believe that it was just an(other) attempt to bait
me into a rant.  If that was the case then here it is - a rather weak one
admittedly but I'm just about worn out from the last couple of days worth of
postings to LUGNET.  I think it's time to actually go play with my LEGO toys
and completely ignore the online antics of this "community".

Anyway, I thought others might enjoy this amusing conclusion that has been
drawn by one of our fellow LUGNET users.

Greg

P.S. In looking back at this e-mail message I just realized that I may be
guilty of some mis-interpretation myself.  Perhaps what this person was
asking was whether the U.S. and the U.K. were going to force some kind of
strict diet regimen on the citizens of Germany in order to "defat" them.  Of
course, this would be the height of hyprocisy by the U.S. because The World
knows that ALL Americans are just a bunch of grossly overweight slobs.